Jorge Gallardo Ballart was born on September 26, 1941. He joined Almirall after graduating as Industrial Engineer in 1965, and in 1972 got his doctorate. After the passing of his father in 1988, he and his brother, Antonio, took the reins of the business, promoting modernization and internationalization. Jorge has held different management positions at Almirall. He was CEO from 1997 to 2001, President and CEO from 2001 to 2011. He currently is Almirall’s Executive President.
Significant events during his career:
- Creation of the new R&D Center (1995).
- International expansion of Almirall starting in 2001. EU and US presence. IPO in 2007.
- New strategy. Dermatology and aesthetics products since 2014.
In 1992, Jorge and Antonio started the development process of the structure of Family Government. Since 2016 Jorge is also Chairman of the Family Council.
Currently he also holds the following positions:
- Board member of EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical lndustries and Associations). He was President from 1998 to 2000, and Vice President from 1966 to 1998 and from 2000 to 2002.
- Vice President of Farmaindustria (Spanish Association of pharmaceutical industries). He was President from 1993 to 1995 and from 2002 to 2004.
- Board member of IFPMA (International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations) since 2004.
- Numerary Academic of the Royal Academy of Pharmacy of Catalonia.
- Academic Correspondent of the National Royal Academy of Pharmacy.
Jorge has received the following awards:
- In 2011 received the medal al Treball President Macià, awarded by the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- In 2015 he received the award a la Trayectoria Profesional granted by the College of Industrial Engineers of Catalonia.